Real Meals on Steel Wheels?
j***@powergatevn.biz
2013-08-17 16:05:16 UTC
Es ist nicht schwierig, ein Restaurant in Deutschland finden restaurant heidelberg http://restaau.de/Search/City/restaurant-heidelberg.html
a***@yahoo.com
2014-03-10 09:11:15 UTC
What about other SBB EC trains?
Rembrandt and Berner Oberland, as far as I know, still have
DB WRmh 132 (or meanwhile WRmz 133?) serviced by Mitropa Suisse
(how is it now, did DBReise&Touristik take over?)
Transalpin has a WR IV "Catering" serviced by Passaggio.
Some WR IV "Prototypes" were rebuilt for Le Buffet Suisse and
used in trains to Germany, I don't know where they are operating
now. I think that the ECs to Italy have no international dining
car (it only goes to Chiasso).
--
_____<__ ______________ ______________ ______________ _________
('=====H=|H============H|H============H|H============H|H========
The Zürich to München EC as well as the Zürich to Hamburg EC both still have a dining car. The Zürich to Stuttgart unfortunately no longer does.
tobias b koehler
2014-03-14 11:04:55 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
The Zürich to München EC as well as the Zürich to Hamburg EC both still have a dining car. The Zürich to Stuttgart unfortunately no longer does.
(quoting me from 12 years ago! Flashback to the past)

Nowadays they are using the "catering" version of the EW IV, having
retired the prototypes. The restaurant cars have been modernized. The
pantograph and transformer to pick up electricity from the overhead wire
when no locomotive is connected has been eliminated.

Unfortunately elvetino is rather pricy, compared to other European
caterers .... as Swiss hotels and restaurants are in general.

a***@yahoo.com
2014-03-10 09:13:34 UTC
New try: two restaurant cars to be accessed from anywhere in the train
without using the platform...
Regards, ULF
In the USA, I think Amtrak's Auto Train (the motorail service to Florida)
has two dining cars at least in the high season.
Graeme Wall
2014-03-10 09:54:43 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
New try: two restaurant cars to be accessed from anywhere in the train
without using the platform...
Regards, ULF
In the USA, I think Amtrak's Auto Train (the motorail service to Florida)
has two dining cars at least in the high season.
You do seem to be picking up on some very old threads.
--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at <http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail>