Nuclear powered buses
Mizter T
2015-03-31 22:00:45 UTC
Wikipedia page about "The Big Bus", a 1976 spoof of the disaster movie
genre:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Bus>

Regarding the bus itself, the so called "Cyclops", these sentences
feature in the entry:
"The Cyclops can be compared to the Neoplan Jumbocruiser, an actual
double decker articulated super bus with a capacity of 170, originally
built in 1975. The Jumbocruiser was built in Germany and did not have a
nuclear reactor."

I guess I'm all for clarity in the world's most popular online reference
tool, but it does rather leave open the question of what other buses
have been fitted with nuclear reactors...
Mizter T
2015-03-31 22:03:41 UTC
Post by Mizter T
Wikipedia page about "The Big Bus", a 1976 spoof of the disaster movie
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Bus>
Regarding the bus itself, the so called "Cyclops", these sentences
"The Cyclops can be compared to the Neoplan Jumbocruiser, an actual
double decker articulated super bus with a capacity of 170, originally
built in 1975. The Jumbocruiser was built in Germany and did not have a
nuclear reactor."
I guess I'm all for clarity in the world's most popular online reference
tool, but it does rather leave open the question of what other buses
have been fitted with nuclear reactors...
Though when it comes to clarity, perhaps I need to think first about my
own clarity of thought - the above post was intended for
uk.transport.buses! I have posted it there now, apologies.

OK, so, nuclear powered trains then...
Mizter T
2015-03-31 22:07:16 UTC
Post by Mizter T
[...]
Though when it comes to clarity, perhaps I need to think first about my
own clarity of thought - the above post was intended for
uk.transport.buses! I have posted it there now, apologies.
OK, so, nuclear powered trains then...
Not Europe, but whatever:
<http://nbc_supertrain.tripod.com/>

Meanwhile back in Europe, specifically Russia:
<http://barentsobserver.com/en/sections/society/russia-designs-nuclear-train>
Graeme Wall
2015-04-01 06:28:29 UTC
Post by Mizter T
Post by Mizter T
[...]
Though when it comes to clarity, perhaps I need to think first about my
own clarity of thought - the above post was intended for
uk.transport.buses! I have posted it there now, apologies.
OK, so, nuclear powered trains then...
<http://nbc_supertrain.tripod.com/>
<http://barentsobserver.com/en/sections/society/russia-designs-nuclear-train>
All Fools Day obviously is at a different time of year in Russia
--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at <http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail>
Graeme Wall
2015-04-01 06:26:36 UTC
Post by Mizter T
Post by Mizter T
Wikipedia page about "The Big Bus", a 1976 spoof of the disaster movie
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Bus>
Regarding the bus itself, the so called "Cyclops", these sentences
"The Cyclops can be compared to the Neoplan Jumbocruiser, an actual
double decker articulated super bus with a capacity of 170, originally
built in 1975. The Jumbocruiser was built in Germany and did not have a
nuclear reactor."
I guess I'm all for clarity in the world's most popular online reference
tool, but it does rather leave open the question of what other buses
have been fitted with nuclear reactors...
Though when it comes to clarity, perhaps I need to think first about my
own clarity of thought - the above post was intended for
uk.transport.buses! I have posted it there now, apologies.
OK, so, nuclear powered trains then...
See the Eagle circa 1954