Eurostar and beyond - Booking in GBP might now be cheaper...
Mizter T
2016-08-23 10:25:34 UTC
Just been looking at some Eurostar+TGV fares, and I am reminded that the
advice I and others followed and gave out to many Brits regarding how
paying in Euros either via the Euro-version of the Voyages-SNCF or via
Capitain Train is often cheaper than the GBP price (via the UK version
of Voyages-SNCF, the Eurostar site or Loco2) no longer necessarily stands.

Obvious point really, given the fall in the value of GBP, but it's
definitely worth checking GBP prices as well as Euro prices.

The other factor (that hasn't changed) is that different sites don't
always seem to show the same underlying fare buckets (whether displayed
in EUR or GBP).

AIUI Loco2 runs through the UK Voyages-SNCF (nee RailEurope) booking
system for E* and TGV bookings (but also has access to other systems
too), Capitain Train runs through the SNCF booking system so displays
the same as the Euro-flavours of the Voyages-SNCF site, and Eurostar
runs its own booking system.

Quite why availability of different fares (and fare buckets) seems to
vary is another question...
U***@web.de
2017-03-20 15:58:10 UTC
Post by Mizter T
Just been looking at some Eurostar+TGV fares,
Any idea for Leeds - Hannover fares?

Best regards, ULF
Jeremy Double
2017-03-20 23:19:20 UTC
Post by U***@web.de
Post by Mizter T
Just been looking at some Eurostar+TGV fares,
Any idea for Leeds - Hannover fares?
Best regards, ULF
It would probably be cheaper, and certainly be quicker to fly Manchester -
Hannover instead (if you're prepared to put up with FlyMayBe).
--
Jeremy Double