The time change last night
Asger Lund Mikkelsen
2013-10-27 12:27:05 UTC
How did your railways cope with the changing of the time last night? In
Denmark, some trains were made to hold still for one hour.
--
* erstat invalid med fm hvis du ønsker at e-maile mig.
* replace invalid with fm if you want to e-mail me.
Marc Van Dyck
2013-10-27 17:05:23 UTC
Post by Asger Lund Mikkelsen
How did your railways cope with the changing of the time last night? In
Denmark, some trains were made to hold still for one hour.
You mean for those who still have night trains ?
Usually, they just arrive one your ahead or behind, and that's all.
Of course, you can have unexpected connection problems...
Marc Van Dyck
tobias b koehler
2013-10-29 15:31:34 UTC
Post by Asger Lund Mikkelsen
How did your railways cope with the changing of the time last night? In
Denmark, some trains were made to hold still for one hour.
Which Danish trains operate at that time of the night?

Overnight passenger trains usually stop for an hour in the autumn
timechange.
Cities with local transport throughout the night will run some extra
services (so they repeat the timetable for the "2a" hour in the "2b" hour).
Overnight freight trains might just arrive early at their destination,
whatever is most practical.

In the spring timechange, overnight trains arrive one hour later (unless
they have overly long stops sometime in the night). Local night trains
departing in the skipped hour (2 to 3) won't operate at all.
tim......
2013-10-30 19:23:51 UTC
Post by tobias b koehler
Post by Asger Lund Mikkelsen
How did your railways cope with the changing of the time last night? In
Denmark, some trains were made to hold still for one hour.
Which Danish trains operate at that time of the night?
Oresund Link to Malmo

The idea that they stop for an hour is just nuts

I'd be pretty peed off if I were on the 1:33 from Malmo due to arrive at
Copenhagen 2:12 and it waited for an hour at Ørestad. what would it
achieve, there's a train every hour anyway?

tim
William JONES
2013-10-31 21:54:16 UTC
Hello,
Post by tim......
Post by tobias b koehler
Post by Asger Lund Mikkelsen
How did your railways cope with the changing of the time last night? In
Denmark, some trains were made to hold still for one hour.
Which Danish trains operate at that time of the night?
Oresund Link to Malmo
The idea that they stop for an hour is just nuts
I'd be pretty peed off if I were on the 1:33 from Malmo due to arrive at
Copenhagen 2:12 and it waited for an hour at Ørestad. what would it achieve,
there's a train every hour anyway?
tim
You would have been perfectly on time : clocks are set back at 03:00
Bonjour chez vous et autant de sa part !

A+
William.

---
Nobody
2013-11-01 20:51:27 UTC
On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 22:54:16 +0100, William JONES
Post by William JONES
Hello,
Post by tim......
Post by tobias b koehler
Post by Asger Lund Mikkelsen
How did your railways cope with the changing of the time last night? In
Denmark, some trains were made to hold still for one hour.
Which Danish trains operate at that time of the night?
Oresund Link to Malmo
The idea that they stop for an hour is just nuts
I'd be pretty peed off if I were on the 1:33 from Malmo due to arrive at
Copenhagen 2:12 and it waited for an hour at Ørestad. what would it achieve,
there's a train every hour anyway?
tim
You would have been perfectly on time : clocks are set back at 03:00
Which reminds me of the occasions when I was an overnight combined
radio DJ/newscaster and playing with words at time change either way:
in the spring "It's two o'clock, and here's the three o'clock news..."
and in the fall/autumn "It's three o'clock, and here again is the two
o'clock news..."!
tim......
2013-11-03 08:50:39 UTC
Post by William JONES
Hello,
Post by tim......
Post by tobias b koehler
Post by Asger Lund Mikkelsen
How did your railways cope with the changing of the time last night? In
Denmark, some trains were made to hold still for one hour.
Which Danish trains operate at that time of the night?
Oresund Link to Malmo
The idea that they stop for an hour is just nuts
I'd be pretty peed off if I were on the 1:33 from Malmo due to arrive at
Copenhagen 2:12 and it waited for an hour at Ørestad. what would it
achieve, there's a train every hour anyway?
tim
You would have been perfectly on time : clocks are set back at 03:00
not where I live :-(

tim