Balkans
Arthur Figgis
2015-04-16 17:42:15 UTC
Does anyone whether the Belgrade - Bar and Knin - Zadar lines are
currently open for passenger trains (and likely to remain so for the
next few weeks?).

Or have they been washed away/bustituted/engineering work'd?
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Theo Markettos
2015-04-16 19:00:54 UTC
Post by Arthur Figgis
Does anyone whether the Belgrade - Bar and Knin - Zadar lines are
currently open for passenger trains (and likely to remain so for the
next few weeks?).
Or have they been washed away/bustituted/engineering work'd?
According to this:
http://www.zeleznicesrbije.com/system/sr-latin/home/newsplus/viewsingle/_params/newsplus_news_id/63426.html
all the refurbishment work on Belgrade-Bar was completed in March.

Even before then trains were running but via Lapovo and Kraljevo. This
retiming was actually useful from a tourist point of view - meant some of
the scenic sections were done in daylight on my trip in September. On the
normal timings you passed all of it in the middle of the night. It appears
they've reinstated morning trains which improves things now.

Theo
Arthur Figgis
2015-04-16 21:19:45 UTC
Post by Theo Markettos
Post by Arthur Figgis
Does anyone whether the Belgrade - Bar and Knin - Zadar lines are
currently open for passenger trains (and likely to remain so for the
next few weeks?).
Or have they been washed away/bustituted/engineering work'd?
http://www.zeleznicesrbije.com/system/sr-latin/home/newsplus/viewsingle/_params/newsplus_news_id/63426.html
all the refurbishment work on Belgrade-Bar was completed in March.
Even before then trains were running but via Lapovo and Kraljevo. This
retiming was actually useful from a tourist point of view - meant some of
the scenic sections were done in daylight on my trip in September. On the
normal timings you passed all of it in the middle of the night. It appears
they've reinstated morning trains which improves things now.
Thanks. I assume that blue tram-style thing isn't an actual service train?
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Theo Markettos
2015-04-17 11:43:04 UTC
Post by Arthur Figgis
Post by Theo Markettos
http://www.zeleznicesrbije.com/system/sr-latin/home/newsplus/viewsingle/_params/newsplus_news_id/63426.html
all the refurbishment work on Belgrade-Bar was completed in March.
Even before then trains were running but via Lapovo and Kraljevo. This
retiming was actually useful from a tourist point of view - meant some of
the scenic sections were done in daylight on my trip in September. On the
normal timings you passed all of it in the middle of the night. It appears
they've reinstated morning trains which improves things now.
Thanks. I assume that blue tram-style thing isn't an actual service train?
Doubt it, looks like some sort of inspection vehicle. My train was
something like 8 sleeper coaches (some rather decrepit), buffet car (no
food) with a car-carrier on the back (1x Volkswagen), so the route would be
rather more popular than that. I don't know what the winter loadings might
be, but not /that/ bad...

Theo