Test run Eurostar London - Amstedam
Arthur Figgis
2017-12-13 18:54:34 UTC
https://mediarail.wordpress.com/2017/10/22/flash-news/#EurostarNL
(in french)
Passing through Brussels Midi recently, I noticed they were busy
installing a big fence down the middle of the nearest domestic island
platform to the Eurostar platforms. Are they sealing it off for use by
intra-Continental international services?
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Anna Noyd-Dryver
2017-12-13 20:33:56 UTC
Post by Arthur Figgis
https://mediarail.wordpress.com/2017/10/22/flash-news/#EurostarNL
(in french)
Passing through Brussels Midi recently, I noticed they were busy
installing a big fence down the middle of the nearest domestic island
platform to the Eurostar platforms. Are they sealing it off for use by
intra-Continental international services?
"In Brussels-South, pier 3/4 is "cut in two" along its entire length by a
wall with a number of openings provided by shutters. The Thalys kiosk
located under lanes 3 to 6 will be remodeled to allow entry / exit to the
nearby Eurostar terminal."

Also of relevance:

"In Rotterdam, the track 1 will be eliminated and "covered" with a wharf
widens, the Eurostar trains will stop on the lane of side which is today a
way of passage for train of service (and which is therefore transformed in
new lane 1 at 400m for Eurostar). Eurostar will occupy an empty space above
the Hema store."

Anna Noyd-Dryver